Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This is a trial balloon for a blog to provide a non-religous form to explore the human mystery, ethics, morality, and community. My vision is that there would be a Sunday "sermon" or discussion seed, to which the community would then engage in a discussion. The discussion would open and close on a Sunday. The intent is not to have an on-going moderated forum, but rather one which the community visits once a week engages or listens to thoughful discussion and then goes about our collective lives.

Over time, I would like to see the discussion seeds to be participatory and come from the community. I can also envision soliciting discussion seeds from prominent authors, professors, philosophers, etc. A key objective, as noted in the introduction, will be to keep the discussion at a practical and accessible level.

I start then with this open post, soliciting feedback, suggestions and level of interest. If I find an interest level worth tapping into, I will take the blog to the next level. Thanks in advance for your interest.

Steve

No comments: